COP26 is a failure, worse than I feared it would be.
Where are the scientists, where are the new ideas, the latest data, feedback projections?
It has dumbed down even below what a weak and blind IPCC could have stage managed.
I predicted a huge backlash to mans intransigence and eternal hubris and boy o boy theres going to be some very angry people, and in many senses rightly so.
Its my opinion the UK Government is delighted we are entering rapid and gross inflation, it will massage downwards the huge spend from Rishi, much of the money being quite un-needed, £10k lump sums to small businesses that didn’t need it and a furlough scheme that I reckon has been much abused and which continued for far too long. Covid is still out there but in many instances its a case of “Covid – what covid?”
I’m not impressed on the performance of bbc radio news on getting detail out on what really matters as we move forward to an unstoppable oven of catastrophe, this will make any war look as a minor scale dummy run.
We hardly hear of the feedback effect of multiple systems all catastrophically amplifying each others effect and eventually the collapse of one another, like a house of cards, in essence negating or destroying each single systems ability to survive; lets throw a few probable eventualities around…
- diatoms and plankton will die, are in fact dieing, therefore half of the world CO2 to O collapses. Who mentions this?
- the ability of land based green growing things decreases CO2 conversion as CO2 itself increases, never mind methane.
- aerosol masking multiplier.
- ice gone, particularly the importance of vertical melt.
- fact: jet stream now in two parts, dragging warm wet air over the Arctic.
- fact: sunspot max for 2026 and transition from El Nana to El Nino coincides!
- weather systems will waver and abandon the worlds conventional food production areas.
- meat production (burgers?) needs to be drastically curtailed / minimised.
- live near to your work.
- does anyone consider pollution from commercial sources, diesel fuelled agriculture, construction and the military?
- if we are for a fact losing/ have lost insect populations, hence we are losing small songbirds then what if we lose earthworms … that would be catastrophe.
- if the oceans are warmer and of greater bulk what of tectonic plate shift?
- existing wind and solar depends on established conventional weather patterns, not weather in flux.
- we need a one child policy.
Nero himself would be aghast as how we are holding our nerve and blind to what is happening, fiddling with inconsequentials when the big things need to be addressed. The tree problem for instance, unless its evergreen ie the conifer then here in northern latitudes we have a thing called autumn leaf fall, likewise most green growing things, for half the year are near to dormant. The tree thing is difficult in the UK, already near all land is used as is most appropriate, theres not much slack.
Still thinking trees, we only have land surface to play with and most of that being unsuitable, yet six sevenths of the worlds surface is water, therefore in my opinion a solution must be water based / oceanic.
Heres an idea, rather than carbon offset which is in itself an often dubious mechanism we could have death offset, pay poor brown people to die instead of ourselves … mighty quicker than a one child policy! Whoops, gallows humour.
But seriously here is a scientist talking …
To the specific page in response to the COP26 cop-out …. http://arctic-news.blogspot.com/2021/11/the-exclusion-of-climate-science-from-cop-meetings.html
Timescale? I just read stuff (preferably by scientists) … year 2026 will I fear be a much different place than where we are now, see the above bullet point list, year 2030 may well have seen homo sapiens much compromised if not near extinct.
Read up on aerosols ….http://arctic-news.blogspot.com/p/aerosols.html
read up on thermal expansion … http://arctic-news.blogspot.com/p/thermal-expansion.html
note in the above further down the page mention of ‘hole in sea ice in Laptev Sea 2010’,
The Laptev Sea will become famous for its shallowness and store of methane hydrate now set into melt mode. One could spend day upon day compiling this information, I only hope readers delve further than what at preseent at least at this address appears google presenting an obstacle at seeking out the latest scientific opinion, if it was fashion or burgers or stupid social networking it would be presenting me with a myriad of connections.